Midea appliances are made by Midea Group, including refrigerators, dishwashers, air conditioners, purifiers, and water systems. Founded in 1968, Midea is headquartered in Beijiao town, Shunde District, Foshan, Guangdong, China.
Where Are Midea Appliances Made?
Midea appliances are manufactured in China, Vietnam, Belarus, Egypt, Brazil, Argentina, and India. Midea leverages a global manufacturing network to cater to diverse markets and cost-effectively produce high-quality appliances.
Midea is the largest producer of major appliances. Here’s a breakdown of their production facilities across the world:
- China: The majority of Midea appliances are manufactured in China, with several large-scale facilities spread across different provinces.
- Southeast Asia: Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia also contribute to Midea’s production, offering additional manufacturing capacity and regional expertise.
- Eastern Europe: A facility in Belarus further expands Midea’s manufacturing footprint and caters to European markets.
The specific location where your Midea appliance is made depends on the model and market. The information can be found on the product label or through the manufacturer’s website.
Midea Brand Overview
|Beijiao, Shunde District, Foshan, Guangdong, China
Midea Appliance Owner History
The Midea story began in 1968 as a small workshop producing bottle lids. The company experienced rapid growth throughout the 1980s and 1990s, venturing into household appliances like electric fans and air conditioners, and establishing joint ventures with international brands.
In 2004, Midea formed a joint venture with Toshiba-Carrier and in 2016 Midea acquired Toshiba’s home appliances business, fоllоwеd bу thе рurсhаѕе оf КUКА, a Gеrmаn rоbоtісѕ соmраnу, and Еurеkа, a brаnd thаt ѕресіаlіzеѕ іn flооrсаrе.
In 2021, Ѕ&Р Glоbаl Rаtіngѕ (Ѕ&Р) uрgrаdеd thе сrеdіt rаtіng оf Міdеа Grоuр frоm “А-” tо “А”. Міdеа Grоuр nоw оwnѕ thе hіghеѕt сrеdіt rаtіng аmоng рrіvаtе mаnufасturіng соmраnіеѕ іn Сhіnа, bеіng оnе оf thе fеw іntеrnаіоnаllу wіth А оr аbоvе rаtіng.
Today, Midea continues its journey of innovation and expansion, actively acquiring brands and exploring new technologies. Their global presence makes them a household name in many countries, and their commitment to research and development keeps them at the forefront of the appliance industry.
What Kind of Appliances Does Midea Make?
Midea makes a comprehensive range of home appliances such as air conditioners, refrigerators, laundry machines, kitchen appliances, water appliances, vacuums, and small domestic appliances.
Here’s a breakdown of all the appliances Midea manufactures, covering virtually every corner of your home:
- Major appliances: Refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, dishwashers, ovens, cooktops, and range hoods.
- Small appliances: Microwaves, coffee makers, kettles, toasters, blenders, and food processors.
- Heating and cooling: Air conditioners, dehumidifiers, air purifiers, and heaters.
- Water appliances: Water dispensers, water filters, and beverage coolers.
- Floor care: Vacuum cleaners, steam mops, and robotic vacuums.
Furthermore, Midea offers different lines within each category, catering to diverse budgets and needs. Their standard lines provide good value for money, while their advanced and premium lines offer cutting-edge technology and features.
Is Midea a Good Appliance Brand?
Midea is a good appliance brand with a top rating in reliability by Consumer Reports. Customers also praise Midea’s durability, efficiency, and user-friendly interfaces in its appliances.
Midea is a reputable company and the largest producer of major appliances in the world. But determining if Midea is a “good” brand for you depends on your priorities and expectations.
Here’s a breakdown of Midea’s top qualities:
- Affordability: Midea appliances are generally priced competitively compared to established brands.
- Variety: Offers a wide range of appliances to meet diverse needs and budgets.
- Innovation: Invests heavily in research and development, often incorporating innovative features.
- Quality: Midea appliances have a good reputation for reliability and durability.
- Customer service: Known for providing good customer service and warranty support.
Explore More Appliance Manufacturers
Now that you know more about who makes Midea appliances, where they are manufactured, the kind of appliances Midea makes, and their quality, you may want to compare Midea to other appliance manufacturers.
Browse the appliance maker guides to research popular brands or use the search function below to find information on a specific company.
Who’s Query is an online encyclopedia of product owners and manufacturer information that educates users about who makes popular brands.