Miele is a German company that makes its own appliances. The Miele appliance brand was founded in 1899 by Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkann, and is headquartered in Gütersloh, Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Germany.
Where Are Miele Appliances Made?
Miele appliances are manufactured in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic, China, Romania, Poland, Italy, and the United States. Miele’s international production network comprises 16 plants for making its signature appliances.
Here’s a breakdown of how Miele prioritizes production:
- Germany: Over 70% of their appliances are manufactured in their 8 factories located across Germany, ensuring tight quality control and adherence to their high standards.
- Austria: Their only factory outside Germany produces vacuum cleaners, leveraging skilled Austrian craftsmanship.
- United States: Miele expanded to the US in 2024 to produce a new facility that serves customers in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
- Other Countries: About 20-30% of Miele’s other appliances are made in facilities within the Czech Republic, China, Romania, Poland, and Italy.
- Partnering with select manufacturers: For specific components or appliances with regional demand, Miele collaborates with trusted partners who meet their stringent quality criteria.
Miele Brand Overview
|Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkann
|Gütersloh, Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Germany
|Major and small appliances
Miele Appliance Owner History
The Miele appliance brand began in 1899 when Carl Miele and Reinhard Zinkann started producing cream separators and butter machines. Driven by a commitment to quality and performance, they quickly expanded their product line, introducing washing machines, dishwashers, and cookers.
Here are some company history highlights:
- In 1927, Miele started the production of vacuum cleaners.
- In 1929, Miele invented the first electric dishwasher in Europe.
- In 1932, Miele was the largest centrifuge factory in Europe.
- In 1956, the first fully automatic washing machine was introduced.
- In 1981, a new generation of computerized washing machines and tumble dryers entered the market.
- In 2017 Miele launched Dialog Oven with M-Chef Technology and automatic menu cooking.
Throughout its history, Miele has been an innovation leader, pioneering features like the first stainless steel dishwasher and self-cleaning oven. Their dedication to superior engineering and long-lasting products has earned them a reputation for exceptional reliability and performance.
Miele’s slogan in German is immer besser, which translates to “always better”.
Today, Miele remains a family-owned company, upholding its legacy of innovation and quality while adapting to evolving consumer needs.
What Kind of Appliances Does Miele Make?
Miele makes a variety of appliances, including refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, ranges, ovens, cooktops, vacuum cleaners, laundry appliances, coffee machines, and more.
Miele caters to a broad spectrum of household needs, offering products in these categories:
- Kitchen Appliances: Ranges, ovens, cooktops, dishwashers, refrigerators, coffee machines, and ventilation systems, renowned for their precision, power, and advanced features.
- Laundry Appliances: Washers and dryers featuring innovative technologies for gentle yet effective cleaning and exceptional care for delicates.
- Vacuum Cleaners: Canister and upright vacuums delivering superior cleaning performance on various surfaces.
- Dishwashers: High-performance dishwashers with advanced cleaning programs and customizable features.
Furthermore, Miele segments their appliances into distinct lines:
- MasterChef: Their premium line showcasing cutting-edge technology, luxurious design, and unparalleled performance.
- Classic: Solidly built and reliable models offering essential features and excellent value.
- PureLine: Sleek and minimalist design aesthetics combined with premium quality and features.
This segmentation allows you to choose the perfect Miele appliance based on your needs, budget, and desired level of performance and design.
Is Miele a Good Appliance Brand?
Miele is a good appliance brand that has been voted the best product brand of all time across all product categories in the German market. Miele is the most coveted brand in its sector for home appliances.
Deciding if Miele is a “good” brand for you; however, depends on your priorities and expectations.
Here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons:
- Unmatched quality: Known for their durable construction, meticulous engineering, and long-lasting performance.
- Cutting-edge innovation: Pioneering new technologies and features, offering advanced functionality for discerning users.
- Superb performance: Delivering exceptional cleaning, cooking, and laundry results with precision and power.
- Sleek design: Stylish aesthetics that complement modern kitchens and add a touch of luxury.
- Exceptional customer service: Renowned for their dedicated and responsive customer support.
- Premium price: Significantly higher price tag compared to mainstream brands, reflecting their exceptional quality and advanced features.
- Limited availability: Not as widely available as major brands, requiring specialized retailers or direct purchase.
- Potential repair costs: As high-end appliances, repair costs might be higher than average.
Explore More Appliance Manufacturers
Now that you know more about who makes Miele appliances, where they are manufactured, the kind of appliances Miele makes, and their quality, you may want to compare Miele to other appliance manufacturers.
Browse the appliance maker guides to research popular brands or use the search function below to find information on a specific company.
Who’s Query is an online encyclopedia of product owners and manufacturer information that educates users about who makes popular brands.